Vacancy - Chief Treasury Officer
CDH Investment Bank (CDHIB) is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centres in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDHIB is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi. In this regard, CDH Investment Bank requires highly skilled, motivated and innovative people that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
The bank therefore invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Chief Treasury Officer tenableat head office in Blantyre. This is a challenging but highly rewarding position and requires to be filled by sufficiently self -motivated applicants who desire to achieve greater results for their personal growth. A very competitive remuneration package awaits the right candidate who will meet the criteria and qualities set by the bank.
This is a senior management position reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Treasury Officer has overall responsibility and accountability for all the aspects of the Treasury Department including but not limited to: profitability, customer service, business growth, human capital management, risk management and internal controls. The Department is a key strategic business unit and profit centre of the bank.
- Sourcing and cash-flow planning for bank-wide liquidity in both foreign and local currencies.
- Trading in local and foreign currency instruments for profit while paying attention risks, approved limits and budgeted margin.
- Achieving set profitability targets for trading and investment activities of the department
- Driving a structured client sales plan for business turnover growth, client growth, relationship and retention in forex, money and fixed income books of the bank.
- Providing significant contribution to asset and liability management process of the bank.
- Enhancing staff performance through training, coaching and motivation, setting performance targets and conducting regular performance feedback sessions.
- Ensuring that all dealing operations are in compliance to internal policies, procedures and best practice.
- Ensuring compliance with set regulatory requirements at all times.
- Formulating strategy and budgets for treasury department.
- Mature, articulate and responsible individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Highly numerate and capable to performance quantitative analyses skills using Microsoft Excell and other treasury software tools
- Extensive knowledge of modern treasury risk management practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Must possess excellent leadership behaviours including communication, inter- personal and team work skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter, dynamic and persuasive
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses
- Experience in preparing and presenting proposals for new products, services and ideas.
- Passion for excellence and winning deals.
Qualification and experience
- Minimum of a professional post graduate degree or qualification in accounting, economics, finance or quantitative analysis.
- At least 10 years’ managerial experience in banking with a focus in Treasury front office.
- Extensive knowledge of the Malawi financial markets.
- Possession of an ACI dealing certification is mandatory.
- Certified Financial Analysts have an added advantage.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and names of three traceable referees should be sent to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank
5 Independence Drive
PO Box 1444
Email: email@example.com or alternatively hand-delivered in sealed envelopes marked “strictly confidential for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer”.
Closing date for receiving applications is 3rd November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.