The job holder will be responsible for maintaining and growing a segregated portfolio of SME clients in the area of business. The job is predominantly a sales job which involves a wide scale of customer relationship management.
- Growing existing business, identifying potential new SME banking opportunities and providing the appropriate solutions, while contributing to the bottom-line through accomplishment of profit and growth targets.
- Generating credit proposals and managing a credit portfolio within the SME banking market segment.
- Managing relationships in line with the bank's strong relationship banking culture, through on-going customer contact (client calling and visiting initiatives), writing call reports, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Accountable for product-utilization growth through proper client-onboarding and cross selling.
- Conducting thorough market research, understanding client needs and business environment, strategies and industry in order to innovate on providing best solutions to address corporate banking client needs.
- Generating winning responses to Request for proposals (RFP) or Request for information (RFI) from SME banking clients.
- Promoting product and service awareness through frequent client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments.